Aug 15, 2022

Couscous Salad

This simple couscous salad is made with loads of fresh veggies, chickpeas, herbs, feta and a zesty lemon dressing. Feel free to add in some grilled meat or seafood if you’d like too.

There are many virtues I could point out about this simple, fresh and flavorful couscous salad. But the most notable one for me is this:

I genuinely get so excited to eat the leftovers the next day. ♡

As someone who rarely looks forward to working my way through tuppers full of leftovers in our fridge, I have to say that this salad is so tasty that I typically make a double batch just to be sure that we have extras for the week ahead. It’s loaded up with many of the usual Mediterranean salad suspects — tender couscous, crisp fresh veggies, chickpeas, sun-dried tomatoes, toasted pine nuts and tangy feta cheese. But I love adding in an extra helping of fresh herbs to brighten it up (highly recommend mint and parsley), and the cumin-sumac-garlic lemon dressing and that brings it all together is perfection.

Feel free to add in an extra protein (such as chicken, shrimp or salmon) if you’d like or play around with whatever other veggies, cheeses, or nuts you happen to have on hand. It’s one of those recipes that is endlessly flexible, so make it your own. And save some extras for me! ;)

(more…)



source https://www.gimmesomeoven.com/couscous-salad/

0 comments:

Post a Comment