Jun 28, 2022

Crispy Coconut Chicken Salad with Sesame Vinaigrette

This crispy coconut chicken salad recipe is bursting with fresh sweet and savory flavors and tossed with a simple sesame vinaigrette.

One of those salads that just makes me so happy. ♡

Some of you might recognize it as a riff on the nostalgic mandarin chicken salads that so many of us (hi, me!) used to love at restaurants back in the 90s. But my modern version is lightened up, freshened up, and dare I say even more flavorful than the originals! It’s loaded up with an irresistible blend of crisp coleslaw, juicy fresh mandarin oranges, creamy avocado, toasted almonds, chopped cilantro and scallions. Then everything is tossed with a quick sesame vinaigrette, and topped with my favorite pan-fried crispy coconut chicken. It’s the perfect balance of sweet and savory flavors, creamy and crunchy and juicy textures, with zero cans of syrupy-sweet mandarin oranges in sight. If you’re anything like me, I think you’re going to absolutely love it!

Of course, there are all sorts of ways that you’re welcome to customize this recipe to your liking, from swapping in your favorite protein (shrimp or tofu would be fantastic alternatives to chicken), to whatever greens or nuts you happen to have on hand, to all sorts of other fun add-ins that might strike your fancy (see ideas below). So please have fun with this recipe and enjoy an extra bite for me!

(more…)



source https://www.gimmesomeoven.com/crispy-coconut-chicken-salad-with-sesame-vinaigrette/

0 comments:

Post a Comment