Mar 15, 2022

Pink Latte (Hot or Iced)

This nutrient-rich pink latte recipe is easy to make hot or iced and features a cozy mix of beetroot powder and warming spices, your choice of milk and a hint of sweetener.

Pink Beetroot Latte

Every time I’m back in our old neighborhood in Barcelona, I can’t resist stopping by Brunnels, the historic pastisseria located a few doors down from our old place. This gem of a bakery just celebrated its 170th birthday and also recently won the coveted award of best croissants in Spain, which I am all too familiar with and can vouch are delightful. But in my opinion, the best kept secret of this charming bakery is actually quietly hiding out on their drink menu…

…their pink beetroot latte. ♡

As someone who’s never been all that into beets, I had always assumed the pink latte trend wouldn’t be for me. But ever since I aged into the can’t-come-anywhere-near-caffeine-after-11am club a few years ago, I’ve been spending much more time exploring decaf menus all around town. And one day when the barista at Brunnels talked me into trying his favorite drink on their menu, the latte de remolacha, I was surprised to not just like it…but love it.

To be sure, there are countless ways to make a “pink” latte. But Brunnels’ version is spiced similarly to a chai or golden milk with lots of cozy warming spices, a touch of sweetener, and whatever milk you prefer. Then that gorgeous burst of pink comes from the addition of beetroot powder, whose earthiness adds an irresistible bit of earthiness to drink, as well as major dose of vitamins and nutrients. A hot mug is the perfect sipper on a cold winter’s day…or the iced version is also delightfully refreshing. I love them both!

Anyway, you probably imagined where this story was heading. Once we moved away from Brunnels to our current flat in Barcelona, I realized it was officially time to figure out how to make my own beetroot lattes en casa. Turns out, it’s incredibly quick and easy to mix your own dry beet root latte mix with just 5 ingredients. Then whenever you’re craving a homemade pink latte, just add a spoonful to either a mug of steamed milk or glass of iced milk and you’re good to go. It’s so comforting, nice and healthy, and surprisingly delicious. I think you’re going to love it.

Let’s make some pink lattes!

Iced Pink Latte (more…)



source https://www.gimmesomeoven.com/beetroot-pink-latte-recipe/

0 comments:

Post a Comment